Tambora, Sumbawa Climate & Temperature
- Tambora, Sumbawa, Indonesia is at 8°12'S, 117°49'E, 500 m (1640 ft). See map.
- Tambora, Sumbawa has a tropical wet climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Af) with no dry or cold season as it is constantly moist (year-round rainfall).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Tambora, Sumbawa is situated in or near the subtropical wet forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 22.2 degrees Celsius (71.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 2 °C (3.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 3752 mm (147.7 inches) which is equivalent to 3752 Litres/m² (92.03 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Tambora, Sumbawa you would come out nearest to the climate station at Tumeremo, Venezuela where you would find a Tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Subtropical moist forest biome).
Tambora, Sumbawa Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Tambora, Sumbawa Climate Graph in Metric Units
Tambora, Sumbawa Climograph in English Units
Climate of Tambora, Sumbawa, Indonesia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Brunei Darussalam, Brunei Darussalam - 1495.4 kms (929.2 miles) NNW
- Miri, Malaysia - 1457.6 kms (905.8 miles) NNW
- Bintulu, Malaysia - 1374.9 kms (854.4 miles) NNW
- Sibu, Malaysia - 1347 kms (837.1 miles) NNW
- Kuching, Malaysia - 1360.4 kms (845.4 miles) NW
- Pontianak, Borneo, Indonesia - 1309.7 kms (813.8 miles) NW
- Balikpapan, Borneo, Indonesia - 777.8 kms (483.4 miles) N
- Jakarta, Java, Indonesia - 1234 kms (766.8 miles) W
- Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia - 299.6 kms (186.2 miles) WSW
- Tawau, Malaysia - 1386.2 kms (861.4 miles) N
- Manado, Sulawesi, Indonesia - 1328.8 kms (825.7 miles) NE
- Ambon, Maluku Islands, Indonesia - 1247.3 kms (775.1 miles) ENE
- Kupang, Timor, Indonesia - 666.2 kms (414 miles) ESE
- Wyndham, Western Australia, Australia - 1378.6 kms (856.7 miles) SE
- Broome, Western Australia, Australia - 1183.8 kms (735.6 miles) SSE
- Port Hedland, Australia - 1356.2 kms (842.8 miles) S
- Marble Bar, Western Australia, Australia - 1457.5 kms (905.7 miles) S