Climate of Tambora, Sumbawa, Indonesia Average Weather
- Tambora, Sumbawa, Indonesia is at 8°12'S, 117°49'E, 500 m (1640 ft). See map.
- Tambora, Sumbawa has a tropical wet climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Af) with no dry or cold season as it is constantly moist (year-round rainfall).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Tambora, Sumbawa is situated in or near the subtropical wet forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 22.2 degrees Celsius (71.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 2 °C (3.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 3752 mm (147.7 inches) which is equivalent to 3752 Litres/m² (92.03 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Tambora, Sumbawa you would come out nearest to the climate station at Tumeremo, Venezuela where you would find a Tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Subtropical moist forest biome).
The climate table uses colour to represent the data so you can get a good idea about the climate at a glance. The colour also helps when comparing two or more locations that you can switch between in separate tabs in your browser. There are links along the side and top to the various sections where we are adding additional details including in the new discussion section where you can read and add posts about the various aspects!
Climate of Tambora, Sumbawa, Indonesia Discussion
We are pleased to announce the release of the new discussion section. Here you will discover a wealth of knowledge about the various aspects of the local climate presented by our international community. We would like to invite you to help get discussion started by visiting those locations you are familiar with. Is there something noteworthy about the climate there that you can enlighten us about? Discussion is subdivided into specific topics such as the months of the year and aspects such as day length and temperature. When you have an idea of something fascinating to share please visit the specific page most fitting and add your post using the simple interface. No registration or third party network login is necessary.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Brunei Darussalam, Brunei Darussalam - 1495.4 kms (929.2 miles) NNW
- Miri, Malaysia - 1457.6 kms (905.8 miles) NNW
- Bintulu, Malaysia - 1374.9 kms (854.4 miles) NNW
- Sibu, Malaysia - 1347 kms (837.1 miles) NNW
- Kuching, Malaysia - 1360.4 kms (845.4 miles) NW
- Pontianak, Borneo, Indonesia - 1309.7 kms (813.8 miles) NW
- Balikpapan, Borneo, Indonesia - 777.8 kms (483.4 miles) N
- Jakarta, Java, Indonesia - 1234 kms (766.8 miles) W
- Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia - 299.6 kms (186.2 miles) WSW
- Tawau, Malaysia - 1386.2 kms (861.4 miles) N
- Manado, Sulawesi, Indonesia - 1328.8 kms (825.7 miles) NE
- Ambon, Maluku Islands, Indonesia - 1247.3 kms (775.1 miles) ENE
- Kupang, Timor, Indonesia - 666.2 kms (414 miles) ESE
- Wyndham, Western Australia, Australia - 1378.6 kms (856.7 miles) SE
- Broome, Western Australia, Australia - 1183.8 kms (735.6 miles) SSE
- Port Hedland, Australia - 1356.2 kms (842.8 miles) S
- Marble Bar, Western Australia, Australia - 1457.5 kms (905.7 miles) S